Wednesday 2 May 2012

Match 1 - Coppull Mill Lodge - 01 April 2012

This is going to be a brief post as its a while ago now and some of the details have been lost from my head!!

Match 1 of the year with Horwich was on Coppull Mill Lodge.  Coppull Mill is a new venue for me, having only ever fished it once before which was about 3 weeks preceding the match.

Safe to say that the drawing arm I was famed for at Pem has not yet deserted me and I managed to pull out a favoured end peg on the far side from the3 car park.  Advice from the lads had me fishing against the trees that extended out from the right hand side of my peg.  I had to quickly tie up some slightly heavier rigs though as I came expecting to be catching palm sized roach.

The match itself was a slow goer and I could see Martin on the opposite end peg catching well so there was some work to be done.  Fishing corn over a bed of loose fed pellets and slowly managed to put a few nice Tench and Crucian Carp in the keepnet to go along with the few roach I had caught earlier in the morning.

At the all out I was confident that I had put enough in the net to be up in the places but had my doubts as to whether I had enough to beat Martin.  I put 12lb 12oz on the scales to just pip Martin who weighed in 11lb-odd for second.  A good first win in the new club and to top it off me and Martin had managed to be drawn as a pair so we bagged that accolade as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment