Monday 14 May 2012

An Evening on Pollys

Playing catch up again now, fishing has slowed down a little following my little flurry in April.

My last session was a Sunday evening session on one of my (reasonably) local waters, Kingsdown Flash, or Pollys as it is locally known.  Its not a water I fish regular, in fact I think the last time I fished it was over 10 years ago.  Anyway, I met up with Martin at about 5:30pm and to keep it simple for a short session I went purely for a method feeder set up.  It was by no means a bagging session but I managed 3 Tench, 2 decent Skimmers and a few Roach in the couple of hours I was there, mainly falling to the feeder with sweetcorn on the hair.  I have made a conscious decision to revisit the water this year for a full day, where I will hopefully target the Tench and Crucian population on pole tackle.

A real highlight of the evening though was not what was in the water, but what was above it as a Kingfisher was sat in the tree right next to my peg.  It was a real privilege to see such a lovely bird as you don't see them often these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment