Thursday 1 January 2015

What happened next?

Its been a while since I last posted on here. My 'break' from fishing continued with only odd sessions here and there.

Let's get up to speed.

Pem Central finished the league as I mentioned in my last post. As I write this I don't have a copy of the final results to hand but I do remember that following a close fought battle and a worse score deduction, Wayne Fairhurst came out on top with Alex Yates pushing a very close second. Mark Anglessey claimed 3rd place to complete the top 3. I was next in line in 4th place, which I am very happy with in my first year back with the club and gives me a target for next year - top 3. As a bonus, my team consisting of Alex, me and Paul McCann came out on top of the team league. A good year for the club, tipped off nicely with an AGM held at a local Chinese with a few beers. Good times. 

I have managed a couple of sea fishing sessions since my last post as well. The first of which was a trip aboard Blue Mink in November where we were hoping for a few cod to show. Sadly, the cod didn't show in numbers and we were 'dogged' out by ravenous dogfish. A few whiting showed as well with only 9 cod boated, compared to the 43 Andy had on the boat on his previous outing. I managed 2 of those 9 cod and they were both keepers so kept me fed for a day or two. The second session was on the 29th December when I teamed up with Danny Lancaster and headed to Otterspool prom for a spot of beach casting. Was a good session to dust off the cob webs as I hadn't been casting from from the shore in a good few years. A very positive start saw both me and Danny catch on the first cast each. Danny had a small pin whiting but my fish was a cod, just in size and was potted the day after for my dinner. That was it though on that sessio. With no further fish showing for either of us. A few lessons learned for our next visit to the area so hopefully we will have a better return.

I have also been plugging away with the lure fishing (sorry for the terrible pun). This is becoming a real live hate relationship for me as I love the method but I am really hating the fact that I am struggling to get into any fish. I am confident that I am not doing anything massively wrong, just need to get that first proper fish and confidence will rise and I am sure that will also see the fish count rise as well. Watch this space!!!

Do what's planned for 2015? One thing that I observed towards the back end of 2014 was that I was getting a bit fed up of fishing commercials. It's something I am beginning to notice a lot lately and I think is becoming quite a common thing. So I've decided to try to remedy this issue for 2015. I'm still going to fish te commercials with Pem Central and no doubt for pleasure sessions as well but I've decided to join Warrington Angers this year to get access to some new waters with more variety. I'm also going to stick at the lure fishing and continue my sea fishing revival that I've had going on. Fingers crossed that this will keep the interest going throughout the year. I'm also going to try to update this blog a bit more often in 2015.

So that's up to date. It's New Years Day 2015 and as the chaos of 2 young kids on Xmas holidays continues, I'd like to wish all my blog readers a very happy new year and all the best fr 2015.........may your lines be tight and your keep nets full.

No comments:

Post a Comment